Published on March 27th, 2015 | by Rick Robison0
THE DESOLATORS’ HAND
HOW THE LEFT HAS SKEWED THE TRUTH:
- Only in America—could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
- Only in America—could people claim that the government still discriminates against Black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20 percent of the federal workforce is black, which only 14 percent of the population is black. 42 percent of all federal entitlements go to black Americans—3 times the rate that go to whites, 5 times the rate that goes to Hispanics.
- Only in America—cold they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (head of the Treasury dept) and Congressman Charles Rangel (who ran the Ways and Means Committee), both turn out to be tax cheats, but who are both in favor of higher taxes on everyone else.
- Only in America—can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
- Only in America—would they make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries, and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just “magically’ become American citizens.
- Only In America—could you need to present a driver’s license to cash a check, buy alcohol, get served in a bar, ship by Ups, buy an airline ticket, but NOT to vote.
- Only in America—could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major US oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
- Only in America—could the people (the Tea Party) who believe in balancing the budget, in paying for what we buy, not borrowing our kids future away, and by sticking to the country’s God-given Constitution be thought of as “extremists.”
- Only in America—could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year, for a total spending spree of $8 million dollars PER MINUTE, and complain that it doesn’t have nearly enough money and must “raise taxes.”
- Only in America—could the rich people—who pay 90+ percent of all federal income taxes—be accused of not paying their “fair share” by people who don’t pay any federal income taxes at all!
Anybody still wonder if right has become wrong, and black, white, in a world where traditional notions of good and evil have been wholly discarded for the hazy (and deadly) world of “it depends.”
This is a process. It’s happened before, in Nazi Germany, in Stalinist Soviet Union, and in Mao’s China. What’s got me most concerned, because I think we as Americans can handle the above and survive, but what’s got me even more concerned, speaking historically, is what comes next…when the above process of essentially lying to ourselves, ends up destroying America’s faith in God and faith in ourselves.
I believe that many, if not most, of our leaders are already there.
The Desolators, as well, believe this process is nearly complete in America. Let’s hope the recent election signals that we as free American citizens still have the will to prevail and bring back common sense and traditional values. If not, I do not believe we, as a free and prosperous nation, will survive beyond the next generation.